Please note, Our Sleep Guide is proudly supported by our readers. The product links you’ll find on Our Sleep Guide are referrals and if you purchase an item we do make a small compensation. Please see our disclosure page for full details.
With an emphasis on using environmentally friendly products natural mattresses are becoming more and more common. As well as more desired. Many beds now incorporate natural materials, like latex and organic materials like wool and cotton. Some brands only use these materials, making a truly premium natural mattress. These beds not only provide great comfort and ideal support. But also have no hazardous fumes or foams and have strict ethical guidelines they stick to. With many of these mattresses gaining popularity it is important to distinguish which are best. That is why we are narrowing down the best natural mattresses we’ve reviewed that we can confidently recommend.
Below we have our top 5 picks for the best natural mattresses. Each of these beds combines the best natural and organic materials for an ideal feel. And prove you don’t have to compromise your desire for environmentally friendly materials to have a luxurious bed. Each of these beds have distinct qualities that set them apart too. Rather you like Dunlop latex, Talalay latex or a latex hybrid, we have the perfect pick for you.
Our 5 Best Natural Mattresses
- Zenhaven by Saatva – $1899/Queen | BEST 100% Talalay Latex & BEST Natural Overall
- Spindle – $1499 – $200 OFF coupon = $1282/Queen | BEST 100% Dunlop Latex
- Cedar by Brentwood Home – $1949 – 15% OFF coupon = $1656/Queen | BEST Latex Hybrid
- Nest Bedding Hybrid Latex – $1599 – $50 OFF coupon = $1549/Queen
- Avocado – $1399 – $150 OFF coupon = $1249/Queen
#1 Zenhaven by Saatva:
Best 100% Talalay Latex Natural Mattress
The Zenhaven by Saatva is a bed that really goes above and beyond to make a nearly perfect latex mattress. It also is 100% natural from the thick layers of Talalay latex to the organic cotton cover. If you are looking for a high quality, 2-sided premium latex mattress than you’re looking at the right bed.
This latex mattress has a nice soft and buoyant latex that is pliable and pressure relieving. It uses the highest quality materials and process to ensure the greenest outcome and most consistent feel. The latex provides comfort, cooling and perfect response, the true properties only a natural rubber of latex can produce.
The cover of the mattress is organic cotton with an organic New Zealand wool quilting. The combination creates a natural fire barrier, moisture wicking as well as super soft. This mattress keeps it simple with a combination of natural latex, organic cotton and wool to create one of the best natural mattresses. The Zenhaven is the perfect name for this mattress that will help you find your sleeping zen.
The Zenhaven is an amazing 100% natural mattress with so many great features. It is comfortable, very durable and priced just right. It will be the perfect bed for you if…
- You want a mattress that allows you to choose your preferred level of firmness. And is as easy to change your mind as it is to just flip your mattress over.
- If you want a very high quality, durable 100% Talalay latex foam mattress. That has ample support and optimal pressure relief that will even be delivered and set-up for you.
- You like the naturally aeration and cooling properties of latex. Along with a perfect bounce and added benefits of organic cotton and wool.
- You would like a mattress that comes from a company with a well known reputation and brand that also has a substantial warranty too.
Best 100% Dunlop Latex Natural Mattress
The Spindle latex mattress is as durable as it is natural. This mattress uses three thick layers of Dunlop latex. Each layer is 3″ thick with it’s own comfort level and ideal correlating support. This way you are able to adjust the layers to find the perfect feel. If you want a natural bed with a nice dense foam, than keep reading about Spindle.
This mattress uses Dunlop latex to create 9″ of very durable and perfectly aerated foam. It is great for minimizing motion transfer as well as relieving pressure while contouring to every curve. It is just as comfortable, if not more comfortable, than memory foam. And the longevity of this bed will outlast most others.
This mattress is also covered in organic cotton as well as a layer of organic wool batting. The wool adds a plush cushion, as well as wicks away moisture and provides a natural fire barrier. The cotton is soft and breathable and allows for the perfect compliment to the mattress. If Dunlop is your preferred latex choice than you’ll love the Spindle mattress.
The Spindle is an amazing mattress with so many great features. It is comfortable, durable and priced just right. It will be the perfect bed for you if…
- You like having the option of choosing how firm or soft you like your mattress.
- You like the feel of latex and would like a mattress that’s 100% Dunlop latex.
- If you like your mattress to be made of natural and organic materials.
- You like a high quality, durable mattress that uses high end materials at an affordable price.
#3 Cedar by Brentwood Home:
Best Latex Hybrid Natural Mattress
The Cedar by Brentwood Home is taking the natural benefits and feel of latex and pairing it with a solid coil system. This creates a latex hybrid option. This premium mattress uses eco-friendly and organic materials to create a superior product. It is a perfect medium feeling bed that isn’t too soft or too firm.
The Cedar uses two layers of Dunlop latex on top of a sturdy coil system. One layer of latex is uniquely grooved to provide ultimate pressure relief and ideal support. This latex is resilient, comfortable and has many added benefits. As well as being natural and eco- friendly too.
This 13″ mattress also incorporates layers of coconut husk and flaxseed fiber to really go the extra mile. The cover is made out of organic cotton and untreated New Zealand wool to create a plush top that naturally wicks away moisture. This mattress is sustainable, precisely comfortable and optimally supportive.
The Cedar is top notch natural mattress with superior craftsmanship, perfect support and the best comfort. It will be the perfect bed for you if…
- You like a very premium, well made durable mattress that uses natural & eco-friendly materials.
- If you like the feel of a true medium mattress that uses latex to groove to your body and relieve pressure as well as uses a solid, durable coil system.
- You like a mattress that doesn’t retain heat, has minimal motion transfer and is very sturdy and solid.
- You like buying from a company that has great customer service, a fabulous reputation and years of experience.
#4 Hybrid Latex by Nest Bedding
The Hybrid Latex by Nest Bedding is their answer to quality, comfort and natural materials in a bed. This 13″ thick mattress uses a thick layer of Dunlop latex over a strong coil system. This creates a contouring yet responsive mattress that is environmentally friendly too.
Dunlop latex is great for relieving pressure, contouring to your body and providing plenty of response for easy moving. It also is a dense foam that helps isolate motion, is aerated for a cool surface and is very supportive and durable.
The Hybrid Latex also comes in two comfort options, medium and firm. You can even have the option of having the mattress split so each side has their own perfect feel. This bed is also covered in breathable organic cotton fabric and natural wool. These materials create a soft, supple cover that naturally wick away moisture and keep the bed ultra luxurious.
The Hybrid Latex is a great natural and comfortable mattress that is perfect for the environmentally friendly person who likes having options when choosing their mattress. It will be the perfect bed for you if…
- You want a heavy duty mattress that is durable and uses quality materials and construction.
- You like the feel of latex and support of coils and want the perfect compromise and ideal comfort.
- If you like a pressure relieving, luxury feeling, cool sleeping high end bed at an affordable price.
- You like a company that has years of experience and several high quality products that they stand behind 100%.
The Avocado is an 11″ hybrid latex mattress. This bed combines 3″ of Dunlop latex with an 8″ coil system for a uniquely comfortable bed. Avocado is a very green company whose focus is on using the best and most natural materials. Their main focus is to create a bed that is neither hazardous or toxic for the sleeper. They take many steps to be accountable for this and are even GREENGUARD Gold Certified.
This natural bed offers great pressure relief, a perfectly responsive feel and environmentally friendly and sustainable materials. It is very supportive as well as comfortable and even offers the option of upgrading. You can add an extra 2″ of latex pillow top for an even plusher feel if you choose too. This is all covered in a premium organic cotton cover with plush wool batting. This provides another layer of comfort as well as a naturally moisture wicking and breathable cover too.
The Avocado is an amazing mattress with so many great features. It is comfortable, durable and priced well. It will be the perfect bed for you if…
- You want a heavy duty mattress that is durable and uses quality materials and construction.
- If you like the feel of latex and support of coils and want the perfect compromise and ideal comfort.
- You want your mattress to have eco-friendly materials that are safe and natural. As well as a company that stands behind this philosophy as well.
- You like a pressure relieving, luxury feeling, cool sleeping high end bed at an affordable price.
Still have questions?
It is easy to see why these mattresses fall into our Best Natural mattresses category. However, if you still aren’t sure which one is best for you, no problem. Check out the mattress comparison tool and see the specs of these beds side by side.
Also, remember Our Sleep Guide is here to help and make sure you find the best mattress for you! If you have questions or need more insight during your mattress buying journey, please feel free to contact us.