Please note, Our Sleep Guide is proudly supported by our readers. The product links you’ll find on Our Sleep Guide are referrals and if you purchase an item we do make a small compensation. Please see our disclosure page for full details.
Not all memory foam mattresses are created equal. You will have plenty of sub par brands that are over priced and underwhelming. And that is what we WON’T be talking about. We are only bringing you the best memory foam mattresses that we have tried ourselves and can confidently recommend.
Below we have our top 7 memory foam mattresses. Each of these beds are all foam and primarily use memory foam for their comfort layers. These contouring and pressure relieving mattresses each have distinct qualities that set them apart too. Rather you are a side sleepers, a warm sleeper or just want the best of the best, we have the perfect pick for you.
Our 7 Best Memory Foam Mattresses 2018
- Loom & Leaf by Saatva – $1099/Queen |BEST Overall
- Puffy – $1150 – $200 discount = $950/Queen | BEST for Stomach Sleepers
- Silk + Snow – $900 – $100 coupon = $800/Queen | BEST for Side Sleepers
- Alexander Signature – $1199 – $100 coupon = $1099/Queen | BEST for Larger Sleepers
- Eve – $649 – $200 coupon = $449/Queen | BEST for Sleepers on a Budget
- Layla – $899 – $100 coupon = $799/Queen | BEST 2-Sided
- Cocoon Chill by Sealy – $949 – $100 coupon = $849/Queen | BEST for Hot Sleepers
#1 Loom & Leaf by Saatva:
Best Memory Foam Mattress Overall
This mattress is hands down our favorite memory foam mattress to date. The Loom and Leaf mattress by Saatva is an ultra-luxurious memory foam mattress that shrinks the competition. Literally!
This 12″ thick premium all foam mattress uses high quality, dense foam layers. Along with top notch construction that creates a perfectly contouring and responsive mattress. The Loom & Leaf bed is a fraction of the price of mattresses that you would find in stores with the same qualities. It has outstanding features & benefits that check all the boxes. It definitely deserves top credit in our best memory foam mattresses category.
The Loom & Leaf is an amazing mattress with so many great features. It is comfortable, durable and priced just right. It will be the perfect bed for you if…
- Like a memory foam mattress that allows you to choose your preferred level of firmness.
- You like a high quality memory foam mattress with dense, quality layers and top notch construction that will be delivered and set-up for you.
- If you want a bed that delivers on premium comfort and ideal support. Has minimal motion transfer, sleeps cool and comes in at a great price point.
- You like a company that creates a great product and stands behind it with a solid warranty and trial period. As well as provides the best customer service.
Best Memory Foam Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
Are you a stomach sleeper who wants a memory foam mattress? Look no further than the Puffy. This bed uses 3″ of dense, cooling memory foam over a durable base creating an ideal medium firm feel. This feel is perfect for the predominant stomach sleeper and even works well in other sleeping positions.
The Puffy mattress is a 10″ thick, two layer bed. This mattress incorporates patented foams for a “cloud like” sleeping experience. Its unique and modern memory foam top layer is adaptable and curves to every point of your body. This makes for ideal spinal alignment as well as pressure relieving comfort. It is not hard to see why this mattress has become a fast favorite in no time at all.
The Puffy is a great memory foam mattress, especially for stomach sleepers. This innovative bed easily adapts to your body and makes for and ideal sleeping surface. It will be perfect for you if…
- Want a mattress that has great support and ideal pressure relief that adapts and contours to your body.
- You want a memory foam mattress that has very little motion transfer as well as heat reducing properties.
- You like a medium firm mattress that comes in at a good price point as well as offers a lifetime warranty.
- The idea of sleeping on a cloud sounds appealing!
#3 Silk + Snow:
Best Memory Foam Mattress for Side Sleepers
Is side sleeping your style? Having something a touch on the soft side makes relieving pressure in your shoulders and hips much easier. The Silk +Snow is not only a perfect medium soft mattress but truly luxurious too.
The Silk and Snow mattress is a 10 inch and three layer mattress. This well made all foam bed really takes sleeping to a new level. It uses not one, but two layers of memory foam that adapt to your every move. The dense yet plush comfort layers sit above a solid base foam. This pairing creates a soft, premium feel that is super comfortable yet supportive and ergonomically ideal, especially for side sleepers. Not to mention the cover is infused with silver for added cooling and comfort.
The Silk + Snow mattress is the ultimate memory foam mattress for side sleepers. This well made mattress is an ideal medium soft true memory foam feel that cocoons your body just right. It will be the perfect bed for you if…
- Want a true memory foam mattress that is a medium soft feel and ideal for sleeping on your side.
- If you like a mattress with minimal motion transfer, comes in at an affordable price and uses great materials.
- You like working with a company that is very customer service orientated and quality driven.
#4 Alexander Signature by Nest Bedding:
Best Memory Foam Mattress for Larger Sleepers
The Alexander Signature Series by Nest Bedding is a solid, reputable brand with a solid, reputable mattress. This thick memory foam mattress is ideal for providing extra inches of durable comfort.
This mattress is a true memory foam bed that is great for anyone who likes that contouring all foam feel. This durable 12″ mattress is thick and sturdy with plenty of solid support. It makes for the perfect comfort for every shape and any size. It uses four layers of premium foams to create either a medium or luxury firm mattress. If you are looking for a well made memory foam mattress that doesn’t break the bank, than check out the Alexander Signature.
The Alexander Signature Series mattress is a solid, durable and thick mattress with Nest Bedding’s seal of approval. It will be the perfect bed for you if…
- You like a durable, well made thick memory foam mattress with a variety of comfort options to choose from.
- You like the true feeling of memory foam and the hugging, contouring feel and solid support, as well as the benefits that come with an all foam mattress.
- If you like a company that has years of experience and several high quality products that they stand behind 100%.
Best Memory Foam Mattress on a Budget
Not willing to compromise quality for price. You don’t have to with the Eve mattress. This mattress is a nice and supportive memory foam mattress that keeps your budget in check.
Originated in London, this over the sea creation has made its way to the states. This very affordable memory foam mattress has an ideal universal feel that works for almost everyone. It pairs three layers of foam together to make this 10″ thick mattress. The price of this mattress really is a steal, especially after utilizing their incredible coupon. (Found Here!) If you are looking for a medium firm memory foam mattress that is as easy on your checkbook than it is on your back, check out the Eve.
The Eve mattress will impress you with it’s cheeky marketing, solid mattress and incredible value. It will be the perfect bed for you if…
- You like a medium firm mattress with good support, solid edges and a innovative company.
- If you like a memory foam that still hugs, but won’t leave you stuck and also is great for isolating motion and has a fully usable sleep surface.
- You have a strict budget and you want a good mattress at an affordable price.
Best 2-Sided Memory Foam Mattress
Not sure if you want something softer or firmer? That’s okay! The Layla has both and all you have to do is flip it over. This allows for you to test out two different options to find the perfect fit. This memory foam bed is also infused with copper for multiple benefits.
The Layla is a 10″ four layer all foam mattress with one side being medium soft and the other a firmer feel. Each side uses a layer of copper infused memory foam for a truly contouring feel. Copper also helps with keeping the mattress cleaner and pulling heat away too. Having the option of simply removing the cover and flipping the mattress over allows for you to try two options instead of one. This way you are sure to find the best fit for you.
The Layla mattress is a unique bed in that you can flip it for easy access to two feels. It will be the perfect bed for you if…
- If you like a true memory foam mattress that is also a two in one flippable mattress with a soft and firm option.
- If you like the feel of memory foam and the benefits of copper infusion.
- You want an all foam mattress with minimal motion transfer and sleeps fairly cool.
- You want a bed at a good price point, four month trial period as well as lifetime warranty.
#7 Cocoon Chill by Sealy:
Best Memory Foam Mattress for Hot Sleepers
Memory foam and sleeping cool sound like an oxymoron. However, there are a few beds out there that do a pretty good job of sleeping cool, even for memory foam. The Cocoon Chill by Sealy is one of them.
Sealy’s bed in a box uses 3 layers of foam to create a 10″ mattress. You can even choose between a soft or firm feel. This mattress has a thick top layer of memory foam to give you a hugging and cocooning feel, hence the name. The Cocoon mattress has an instant edge over its competition with the well known Sealy name behind it. Using years of experience and innovation to create this premium mattress. The Chill has added cooling properties in its cover to give it an instant cool to the touch feel. As well as help pull heat away from the body all night long. Also, save $100 on your Cocoon purchase with code: OSG100.
The Cocoon Chill by Sealy mattress is a true memory foam feel with just enough pressure relief and ideal support. As well as the cool to the touch cover. It will be the perfect bed for you if…
- You like an established brand with a good quality mattress at a good price.
- You like a true memory foam mattress that is either a touch soft or a touch firm.
- If you want a memory foam mattress that doesn’t get too hot and has added properties to keep you cooler.
Still have questions?
It is easy to see why these mattresses fall into our Best Memory Foam mattresses category. They all have amazing materials, construction, comfort and benefits for affordable prices. But if you still aren’t sure which one is best for you, no problem. Check out the mattress comparison tool and see the specs of these beds side by side.
Also, remember Our Sleep Guide is here to help and make sure you find the best mattress for you! If you have questions or need more insight during your mattress buying journey, please feel free to contact us.